The Queen has continued to conduct a variety of engagements throughout her nineties.
But suffering from mobility issues, she has been forced to reduce her diary significantly this year.
In recent years, the emperor has suffered several episodes related to his health.
- December 2003: An operation was performed to remove a torn cartilage in Rani’s left knee. Earlier in the same year, he had similar surgery on his right knee.
- March 2013: Emperor was hospitalized for treatment for gastroenteritis, a common stomach bug.
- May 2021: She missed the Remembrance Sunday service in central London after suffering a back sprain.
- October 2021: During the “preliminary investigation”, the Palace said at the time, the Queen spent a night in a hospital.
- February 2022: Rani contracted COVID-19 and suffered mild cold-like symptoms but continued with mild duties.
Since her Covid-19 diagnosis, the Queen has been forced to regularly cancel or reduce some events.
She didn’t attend all of June’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations – completing her 70 years on the throne – and missed the state’s opening of parliament last month due to mobility problems.